About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
The PR Manager, Europe is responsible for managing the corporate and product communication strategies and campaigns within the company’s European market. This person will manage communications strategies to build market awareness. This person must be an excellent communicator - verbally, visually and in writing - a source of creative ideas, and someone who is knowledgeable about automotive communication platforms and media relations. The ideal candidate is strategic and creative, works well both in a collaborative setting and individually, quickly establishes credibility, accepts new challenges, embraces processes and deadlines, and can successfully work through tight deadlines and ambiguity. This person will be part of the Corporate Communications Team reporting to the SVP Communications in Los Angeles while working under the day-to-day direction of the SVP Sales, Marketing & Service Europe. This position is full-time and based at the Fisker European head office in Munich, Germany.
• Primary accountability for supporting European PR initiatives and projects.
• Support and develop communications strategies focused on integrated messaging while working closely with global Corporate Communications, to help develop compelling content and stories.
• Manage a European-based PR agency and execute on a multi-pronged communications strategy
• Work with the global Corporate Communications team to help publish timely company information: press releases, by lines, articles, health-focused content, and other materials.
• Help oversee relationships with media to ensure reporters, editors, bloggers, media influencers and media outlets are receiving agreed upon corporate communications.
• Act as a part of the global Corporate Communications team to actively research and evaluate media opportunities, pitch journalists’ stories about the company, facilitate media interviews, and create press releases and other announcements.
• Work across departments to develop communications strategies for stories, events, campaigns, partnerships, etc.
• Identify opportunities to share corporate messaging.
• Serve as a corporate spokesperson when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree minimum, master’s degree preferred
• 5 years + experience with an international automotive, technology or consumer brand working cross boarder and in different languages
• Proven ability to communicate effectively in-person and in writing across all levels of the organization and create a tailored approach to reach various audiences.
• Collaborative work style that includes the ability to work well with senior leaders across the organization and countries
Understanding of Media Relations at Various Levels, Including
• Building relationships with reporters and news agencies
• Understanding news cycles and deadlines
• Newswire and press release distribution
Excellent Writing and Editing Proficiency, Including
• Ability to quickly understand and capture in writing new concepts and ideas
• Ability to write for different audiences
• Ability to collaborate with others in the writing process
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Creative thinker and problem-solver
• Willingness and familiarity working in an environment that requires flexibility and change
• High level of attention to detail
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite)
• Ability to speak German language preferred