Fisker Inc. is a design led pioneering mobility technology company researching, developing and producing next generation electrically powered vehicles. As the electrification revolution begins to infiltrate the automotive industry, Fisker are focused on delivering advanced smart solutions across the electrification ecosystem from charging, to battery technology, powertrain and connected vehicle functionality. Strong product design is at our core where distinctive emotional yet cost effective style meet the latest in cutting edge technology.
The European Finance Manager will support the European organization of Fisker Inc. in all finance related matters while being based in the European headquarter in Munich, Germany. The Manager will develop and maintain financial ‘best practice’ systems, processes and procedures that meet legal and business requirements. This individual will provide leadership and office management with specific financial information as appropriate. This critical role will liaise globally with other Partners, Directors, Managers to provide information necessary to deal with financial issues, in line with business best practice and ensuring legal compliance.
This person will report directly into the VP Sales & Service Europe with a dotted line to the global Finance Director in California.
Location: Munich, Germany
- Ensure compliance and group reporting standards
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for each of the in-scope geographies
- Responsible for the month end close process ensuring that reconciliations are performed in line with period close timetable.
- Perform a detailed review of the Accounts receivable and Accounts Payable on a monthly basis
- Develop and maintain best practice through the standardization of financial processes and implementation of new ways of working
- General Accounting and Financial Management
- Responsible for the annual Budget process and the monthly financial forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree, accounting degree, license or equivalent required.
- Experience in German accounting standards/laws/requirements
- 5 years of dedicated accounting and finance experience required.
- International management and accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting and advisory skills
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislation
- In depth understanding of business principles and practices
- Be an effective business partner to the HQ finance team
- Able to build strong relationships with senior management and external advisors
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver used to work in a start-up situation
- Willingness and familiarity working in an environment that requires flexibility and change.
- Excellent intra-personal skills and good communicator
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite).
- German and English speaker required
- Other European languages are a plus value
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.