About Fisker Inc.
California-based Fisker Inc. is revolutionizing the automotive industry by developing the most emotionally desirable and eco-friendly electric vehicles on Earth. Passionately driven by a vision of a clean future for all, the company is on a mission to become the No. 1 e-mobility service provider with the world’s most sustainable vehicles. To learn more, visit www.FiskerInc.com – and enjoy exclusive content across Fisker’s social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Download the revolutionary new Fisker mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store.
Fisker Inc is currently seeking a European Counsel to join our Legal team! In this role, you will support our European operations in a generalist position. The position will interact with and advise team members at all levels of the Company, including top executives. As an integral part of the team, the European Counsel will proactively assess legal risks and advise on decisions that will provide years of benefit to the overall organization. The position is resident in Munich, Germany.
- Provide focused, commercial, practical and compliant advice on a wide range of legal matters, including compliance, procurement and marketing matters.
- Be a trusted business partner providing practical advice to reduce risk while accomplishing Fisker’s goals.
- Support the business in understanding and complying with European legal and regulatory requirements.
- Advise the business on claims, disputes and litigation.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts of all types, including vendor, sponsorship, consulting, marketing, licensing, technology, privacy, cybersecurity, facility/building leases and other agreements.
- Draft and update model standard templates and clauses.
- Develop contract review processes to enhance efficiencies.
- Responsible for providing legal counsel and guidance to all levels of the Company, including executive management.
- Manage contracts with external suppliers and partners, and advise on the enforcement and disputes
- Manage external law firms for specialized legal advice while administering and managing company’s budget
Basic Qualifications / Knowledge / Experience
- Dynamic personality, and highly team-oriented approach to work
- Strong work ethic
- Self-starter with high levels of initiative and experience of working with limited supervision
- Experience working in Technology or Automotive Industry
- Qualified Solicitor in Europe with 5+ years of commercial experience
- Completed your training and post-qualification experience at a reputable law firm or in-house team
- Commercial law expertise and, ideally, expertise in corporate, advertising, regulartory matters, data protection, intellectual property, technology and/or employment law
- Expertise in drafting, negotiating, and interpreting contract terms and conditions
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competences
- Drive for Results: Drive for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks, and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contribute to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gather relevant information, identify key issues, compare data from different sources; draw appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging and to make joint decision and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
Fisker Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment at Fisker Inc. is governed based on merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status. Applicants wishing to view a copy of Fisker Inc.’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.