EY3 Engineering are looking for a capable Design Engineer to join our small agile team working on a number of current projects and some really exciting new ones coming up. Current projects include touring cars and an EV landspeed record Motorbike. This is a great opportunity for the right person who enjoys a fresh and varied challenge, with plenty of opportunity to develop new skills and experience. As part of a small company involved in high level Motorsport programs, you will get to work on all areas of a diverse range of projects. You will also follow and support the parts you design through manufacture and build in our workshop. Roles will typically include some or all of the following:
- Modelling and drafting of components and assemblies for a variety of Motorsport and high performance projects.
- Working on all areas of the car, from mechanical parts for IC/EV Powertrains and suspension, to surfacing and composites for bodywork and interior.
- Hand calculations and/or simple FEA to ensure parts are fit for purpose and robust.
- Liaising with internal production departments and external suppliers to ensure solutions are cost efficient, high quality and designed for assembly.
- Producing BOM exports and other information to assist our production department and creating build manuals for car build and spares ordering.
- Simulation work to aid with target setting and driving CFD development. Potential for track side support once projects reach that stage.
- Candidates need to be highly skilled users of 3D CAD, preferably Siemens NX. Including modelling, drafting, assemblies and sheet metal, with FEA being an advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years post graduate experience is required, preferably within some form of professional Motorsport.
- Working in a fast paced environment, tight deadlines need to be met, whilst achieving a high level of quality.
- EY3 has a flexible working policy to promote a good work life balance and reward employees for every hour they work in order to meet project deadlines.
- A practical 'hands-on' approach to engineering is important, with the interest and ability to get involved in the workshop from time to time.
- Versatility is a core attribute of EY3 and that comes directly from our employees. We are therefore keen to tailor the role to suit the right applicants skills and interests.
We are now seeking CV's for upcoming work starting Feb/March 2020, so applicants must be available in that timeframe. We are interested to hear from both contract and full time permanant Design Engineer applicants.