Senior Editor & Video Host
Purpose of the Role
Motorsport Network is a digital technology company. Our platforms are visited every month by approximately 62 million dedicated users to buy, to learn, to be entertained, or simply to feed their passion for cars and racing. We sit at the heart of the Racing and Automotive industries and provide authoritative thought leadership as well as unique experiences to our customers. We take them on a customer journey that encompasses news and insights, events, supercar shopping, tickets, games, and eSports, so we leverage the network effect to add value to their experience. We use our in-house technology and modern data tools to continuously test, learn, and improve. Our processes, content creation, and products are constantly evolving to better serve our audience, clients, and partners.
Motor1.com is a leading automotive enthusiast website, bringing vehicle news, new car reviews and videos, and long-form features to tens of millions of readers each month.
We are seeking a Senior Editor and Video Presenter to augment our market-leading reviews team, and to help drive strategy and innovation around our diverse portfolio of video products. Ideal candidates will have deep experience in storytelling and reporting in a video format, with a keen understanding of the voice, look, and feel that bring the medium to life for viewers.
Additionally, this role will create written content to support video products. From fully featured written articles to occasional news hits, candidates should expect to contribute words and editing on a regular basis. Ideal candidates will be located in or near one of the major hubs of car review content (with strong preference given to those in the Los Angeles area), have advanced driving experience in a wide range of vehicles, and possess a deep knowledge of the automotive industry and products. A clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and the ability to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission are mandatory. A willingness to travel frequently and an up-to-date passport are also required.
Motorsport Network is the global market leader in media and technology sitting at the intersection of the Motorsport and Automotive industries. We have grown our audience to more than 61 million monthly active users and over 20 million social media followers. We have sold more than one million copies of our NASCAR series of video games and market tickets and hospitality experiences to more than 100 events per year. Motorsport Network’s events division is a fast-growing specialist provider of Motorsport tickets, experiences, travel, hospitality, and exclusive events, including Le Mans 24 Hours, Formula 1 and Moto GP races, WRC rallies, the Isle of Man TT and many more.
- Contribute imaginatively to all com content efforts, regardless of platform or media – site, social, live events, etc.
- Host reviews, “first looks” of new vehicles, podcasts, and a wide-ranging assortment of video content
- Script writing for your own videos and other com team members
- Write vehicle review features
- Maintain and coordinate the production schedule for all video content
- Lead the team in best practices, trends, and SEO insights on YouTube and other video platforms
Skills, Knowledge and Attributes Required:
- 5+ years as a content creator in the automotive media space
- A track record of excellent video and written content
- A cool head under pressure, with the ability to stay flexible and solve problems as they arise
- Experience in video production and/or editing is a plus
- Experience with photography a plus