- As a member of the GTO Engineering team provide gearbox and transmission expertise and knowledge in support of designated classic car restoration, recreation and refurbishment projects in order to meet customer requirements. This will involve the provision of a range of auto mechanical services with a primary focus on gearbox and transmission assignments, CWP set up knowledge.
Duties and responsibilities
- Gearbox examination and testing
- Dis-assemble gearboxes tagging parts as needed
- Repair and replacement of damaged gearbox parts
- Ordering parts, where required via our internal Parts Team from suppliers.
- Re-assembly of gearbox and linkage testing
- Drive train testing as required.
- Conversions from 4 to 5 gear transmission
- Completing reports on work performed.
- Maintaining workplace cleanliness to protect against malfunction / workplace hazards
- Observing health and safety standards and procedures at all times
- Carry out any other projects in support of classic car restoration such as vehicle owner customization requests
- Engineering experience preferably including gearbox and axle technician experience ideally within a luxury/ classic car environment.
Technical skills and specialised knowledge
- Fault finding techniques
- Translating technical / mechanical detail into language which will be understood by the customer concerning gearbox restoration and repair
- Calculating estimated times for jobs so that estimated costings for gearbox restoration and refurbishment is as accurate as possible
- Experience of transmission and axle rebuilding to a high standard preferred
- Good problem solving skills to find and rectify faults
- Clear communication to others on the status of work in progress
- Customer focus in a business, where customer service is critical to business success
- Peer relationships and ability to work as part of a team
- Adaptability and the ability to establish priorities
- Positive disposition
- Exercising good judgement, honesty and discretion
- The above descriptions are intended to describe the general nature of the work being carried out by those assigned to this role. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.