- Assembly and adjustments of sub assembled items related to the race car. Examples: Gearbox, Diffs, Cluster, Uprights, Driveshafts, Brakes, Wheel Guns
- Disassembling, cleaning, inspection, and non-destructive testing of components.
- Maintaining accurate records of component and mileage changes. Including event information required to have post event debrief with group leader
- Ensuring all components of the race car are safely joined, bolted, or otherwise secured
- Modifying manufactured precision parts using manual machinery to exactly fit set-up and design specifications.
- Safely operating equipment according to recommended safety specifications, including use of all protective equipment necessary.
- Ensure that all required tools, options, and spares are loaded on transporter.
- Meeting specified deadlines for race car preparation while producing a quality product.
- Making the necessary adjustments to the car according to established procedures for each race and test event by collaborating with managers, chief mechanics, drivers and engineers to meet design specifications and achieve desired results.
- Communicate with crew chiefs, race engineers and competition director regarding progress of issues within work
- Periodic travel with the team to races or tests and ensure the racecar is properly functioning in preparation for successful on-track performance.
- Maintain a professional and clean appearance of race cars, equipment at the shop and the track. Keeping work area clean and always organized.
- Providing direction and acting as a mentor to less experienced mechanics to ensure quality control while promoting a positive learning environment.
- Identifying any safety hazards and reporting all risks immediately to a supervisor.
- Safekeeping and proper use of all company property issued during employment including uniforms, tools, toolboxes, electronic devices, credit cards and any other productivity tools.
- Professionally represent the team and its sponsors on and off-track premises. Treating partners and their guests with respect by acknowledging them and appropriately answering their questions
during shop, garage, and pit tours.
- Participating in the workout program designed to maximize physical strength and endurance to remain competitive at a professional level.
- Aiding other team members on other duties as appropriate.