RACING TO SAVE THE WORLD
WAE exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Developer to join our Formula E team, technical partners to the Jaguar TCS Racing, in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment.
Join one of the world’s fastest-paced race teams, working for a rapidly growing electrification company.
Drive the development of a new generation of software tools and packages using .net technologies (C# etc), utilising Azure Pipelines and similar technologies to streamline development and deployment. Promote a culture of high coding standards and testing within the team. With the goal of reducing the time it takes for Engineers to make valuable performance decisions over a race weekend.
- Experience developing applications such as Web APIs (ASP.Net Core), Desktop applications (WinUI 3/WPF) and Background Services with Dotnet (C#).
- Be familiar with SQL and NoSQL, InfluxDB or similar database technologies.
- An understanding of web API architecture (Rest, GraphQL).
- An understanding of DevOps workflows & procedures (Azure DevOps).
- Knowledge of containerisation technologies would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of Linux based systems (Ubuntu).
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career.
- A supportive and empowering work environment
- Pension: 4% and 8% employers contribution, increases with service after 3 years (increasing to and 10% after 3 years service
- Group Life Assurance: no cost to employee, 4 x salary for designated dependents, top up to max 10 x salary in first 30 days
- Group Income Protection: pays up to 70% salary, up to 5 years
- Health Cash Plan: covering Optical, Dental, Physio/Osteo/Chiro, 24/7 GP plus prescriptions
- Buy and sell holiday options
- Employee Assistance Programme: professional advice, counselling, financial, legal
- Private Medical Insurance: free at the basic level – P11D benefit
- TEDS Nursery vouchers salary sacrifice scheme
- Salary sacrifice Electric Car Scheme
- Bonus scheme (dependent on results)
- 26 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
The closing date for applications is 3rd of October 2023.
Our Headquarters are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK. This role will primarily be based at our new facility in Kidlington, just north of Oxford.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.