At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be part of a large team of skilled machinists working at pace to deliver high-quality CNC programmes and precision engineered metallics, driving performance on track throughout the season. During the build season you will be responsible for programming, setting, and operating multi-axis machines to produce and inspect complex parts with diligence, playing your part in the demanding task of building a new race car. You will use your skills and experience in programming and on CNC machining centres to manufacture car components, pit equipment and parts for our Heritage cars. McLaren has a formidable history – come and be part of our future success!
Reporting to the Machining Team Leader(s) and or Shift Lead(s), it is your responsibility to deliver high-quality programmes and components on time and in full whilst working to best practice and embracing continuous improvement to meet the overarching strategic vision for the department. The role demands a skilled, diligent, and agile person that works well as part of the team and is target driven.
- Create Programmes and machine components with respect to best practice using the supplied drawings and CAD files
- Maintain programmes and tooling records for all components produced
- Support our management and Production Engineers to maximise the efficient running of all machine tools
- Responsible for diligent inspection of parts to ensure the highest quality
- Maintain a shift handover record with other shift-based employees in the machine shop
- To be aware of health and safety legislation and contribute positively to safety standards in the workshop