International Motor Sports Association, LLC
International Motor Sports Association, LLC (IMSA) was originally founded in 1969 and owns a long and rich history in sports car racing. Today, IMSA is the sanctioning body of the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, the premier sports car racing series in North America. IMSA also sanctions the IMSA Michelin Pilot Challenge and the IMSA Prototype Challenge, as well as four one-make series: Ferrari Challenge North America, Idemitsu Mazda MX-5 Cup presented by BFGoodrich Tires, Lamborghini Super Trofeo North America and Porsche Carrera Cup North America. IMSA – a company within the NASCAR family – is the exclusive strategic partner in North America with the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) which operates the 24 Hours of Le Mans as a part of the FIA World Endurance Championship. The partnership enables selected IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship competitors to earn automatic entries into the prestigious 24 Hours of Le Mans. For more information please visit www.IMSA.com, www.twitter.com/IMSA, www.facebook.com/IMSA or www.instagram.com/imsa_racing.
IMSA seeks a talented professional to join in the position of Senior Performance Engineer based in our Daytona Beach, Florida office.
This person is responsible for impartial performance analysis and interpretation of complex data collected in a multi-class endurance racing environment and the ability to understand and apply context from on-track activity to subsequent analysis.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in vehicle simulation efforts to support the Balance of Performance process.
- Develop, design and create proprietary computer tools and software.
- Assist in the development of data acquisition requirements and methodologies as it relates to scrutineering and performance analysis.
- Conduct data monitoring, collection, analysis, and reporting across multiple series and classes. Assist in development, integration, and support of data acquisition systems.
- Further develop performance algorithms, statistical analysis tools, simulations, and standardized reporting to the IMSA Technical Committee.
- Contribute to writing and revising regulations, further developing enforcement methods, and refining the Balance of Performance (BoP) process.
- Approximate travel 50% including weekends.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent; and a minimum of five (5) years professional motorsports experience.
- Skilled with Excel and MATLAB.
- Some data acquisition software experience.
- Some experience in CAD and UG/NX-solid modelling
- Position is safety sensitive and participates in the corporate Substance Abuse Program (SAP).
- Strong mathematical skills and an engineering background
- Competence in modelling and simulation techniques
- A good working knowledge of modelling and simulation software
- Possess an understanding of vehicle systems, vehicle dynamics and control systems
- Professional motorsports experience required, team experience preferred
- Experienced with motorsports data acquisition
- Strong work ethic, unquestionable integrity and commitment to excellence
- Adept at multitasking and project management
- Drive for highest quality work
- Data driven decisions using solid engineering fundamentals
- Ability to work as part of a small and diverse team
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Conversational French considered a plus.