- Independently assembling, maintaining, and disassembling Formula 1 engines
- Performing inspections of high-performance sports engines and individual engine components
- Examining, measuring, assessing, documenting, and evaluating engine components
- Independently performing and documenting all necessary repair and conversion work on high-performance sports engines
- Performing mechanical work
- Producing assemblies according to the drawing specifications carefully and on schedule
- Working together with the design team on the continuous improvement process for assemblies
- Training as a car mechanic or mechatronics technician
- Complete further education as a technician or master tradesperson is desirable
- Several years of professional experience as a racing-car-engine mechanic
- Experience with using Office products and working with PCs
- Experience with engine repair or motorsports
- In-depth specialist knowledge of the structure of a racing-car engine
- In-depth specialist knowledge of engine technology and various areas in addition to extensive drive-system expertise
- Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to learn a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
- Excellent teamwork skills, organizational skills, and a strong sense of responsibility
- Independent and structured working practices
- High degree of commitment, initiative, and strong communication skills
Do you want to experience high performance and help design the future of motorsports? Then Audi is the right place for you. Sportiness is one of the core features of the Audi trademark – it’s in our genes, which have evolved over more than 25 years of successful participation in motorsports. It is the goal of Audi Formula Racing GmbH to engage in sustainable racing at the highest level worldwide and to give customers and fans a spectacular impression of the brand’s performance. Grab this chance and make your mark on our future sporting successes.
In the area of development, you will be part of the project for creating a high-performance powertrain as a racing-car-engine mechanic. High-efficiency, high-performance sports engines are premium technological products that are assembled by specialists with the corresponding training and experience.
Audi Formula Racing GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Audi Sport and was founded in 2022 for the brand’s Formula 1 entry. From 2026, the brand with the four rings will compete in the widely popular FIA Formula 1 World Championship with an internally developed power unit and its own factory team. In the future, the program will spearhead Audi’s factory commitment in motorsport.
The power unit is developed at Audi Sport’s state-of-the-art Competence Center Motorsport in Neuburg an der Donau, close to AUDI AG’s corporate headquarters in Ingolstadt. The facility opened in 2014 and is considered as one of the most modern of its kind. It’s currently being expanded for the F1 program. For the first time since 2009, a Formula 1 power unit will be made in Germany.
The decision to enter Formula 1 was driven by new regulations announced by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). From 2026, sustainable synthetic fuels will be used while approximately 50% of the drivetrain’s power will be electric. Audi wants to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series.
Popular on a global stage, highly emotional and technologically advanced – Formula 1 is a spectacular platform for the world’s most sophisticated electrified racing cars. Audi wants to demonstrate “Vorsprung durch Technik” in this competitive environment and is putting together a highly specialized team to develop the power unit. Our basis is the extensive expertise gained from our successful motorsport involvement in Formula E, touring car racing, customer racing, the Dakar Rally and our Le Mans era.
Become a part of this unique project at the pinnacle of motorsport and get involved when Audi writes the next chapter of its motorsport history.
These positions are available at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg an der Donau.
Please note that these positions are not at AUDI AG.
All positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are available on a part-time basis in principle.
We live diversity, we stand up actively for inclusion, and we create an environment that promotes the individuality of each person in the interests of the company.
We expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities, as their integration is a matter of special concern to us.
If you have any questions, please contact the AFR team by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we can consider only applications
submitted via our online job portal.