We are looking for a Chief Engineer – Race Engineer:
Senior and leadership role within the engineering team.
Full time – Contractor/Freelance or Employee.
Salary based on curriculum and experience.
Team workshop based in Germany – Possibility to work in remote during off track period over a period to be defined.
This is a role that will require extensive travel to attend all tests and races and could request periodic support for simulator tests.
Optimisation of on-track performance of the team and organisation in collaboration with the Team Manager at each event and throughout the F2 championship.
- Organised and run the team, Performing all pre-event preparation work.
- DIL sessions organisation and management.
- Maintaining the vehicle setup database and determining a starting setup.
- Preparation of a weekend timetable, test item lists, and job lists.
- Communication to the car over the radio throughout each event.
- Direct communication to the drivers and ensuring they are performing at their best, providing direct feedback for improvement.
- Efficient management of support engineering staff for responsible car (Performance Engineer, Systems Engineer, etc.) on and off track.
- In cooperation with the Car Mechanics, ensure that the car is always in full technical compliance.
- Ensure that engineers and mechanics are always informed, run plan review, tire plan…through daily team meetings.
- Provide an environment and atmosphere for engineering staff to grow and improve in a mentorship capacity.
- Management and execution of longterm development items and engineering tasks to continually push the program forward.
- Run or advise on simulator test sessions.
Race Weekend / Tests days :
- Run one F2 car. Communicate clearly with the driver, mechanics, and System/performance engineer to provide instructions and recommendations.
- Define run program and plan setup changes in coordination with other F2 race Engineer,
- Maintain run log of all changes that occur with the car.
- Create written reports and summaries based on data analysis.
- Work closely with driver providing ideas, feedback, and support.
- Manage FIA weigh bridge measurements and changes to ensure legality.
- Management of tires.
- Work with team mechanics as required completing all tasks (unloading, loading, car work, etc.).
We look forward to receiving your complete application directly on our website career page
Or by clicking apply and submit your application with your CV in PDF format.