An integral part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting a variety of GT and prototype race cars, repair, maintenance and trackside running.
Basis: Full time plus including race weekends
- Responsible for the build, operation and running GT / LMP type race car.
- Ensure that the car is built consistently to the highest standards, meets the relevant set up parameters and all necessary criteria of the build specification.
- Follow Engineering procedures and protocols pertaining to assembly, operation and safety.
- Tracking of part mileage and compliance with any part life procedures.
- Post running inspection of the cars, reporting condition and any damage.
- Support any required rig testing either at factory base or using external facilities.
- Set up and operation of the garage and associated infrastructure.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the management team.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel.
- Responsibility for the cleanliness and condition of work areas; the garage, the factory and all tools and equipment.
- Follow all safety regulations either in the workshop or trackside.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards and particularly the attention to detail.
- Over the wall pit stop experience.
- A solid mechanical aptitude gained in the Motorsport arena.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
An ability to work and prioritize within a time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. You will work with a team of engineers and mechanics throughout the build process, undertaking repairs and assembly in a methodical manner. The role will require domestic travel and a willingness to work long until project requirements are met is vital.
Pay is hourly in the shop, dependent on experience with a flat fee for race days.