KW Special Projects Ltd requires a Graduate Quality Engineer to join the team in this ambitious and growing high performance engineering business. We are looking for someone with a “can do” attitude and strong lateral thinking skills, who is excited by the engineering process and can apply their skills to a variety of diverse projects using their initiative and knowledge.
KW Special Projects is a high-performance design and engineering solution provider at the heart of the Silverstone Technology Cluster. KWSP uses the speed and agility of the motorsport industry upon which it was founded to provide cutting-edge, on-demand design and engineering services.
By transferring knowledge and technology from one sector to another they develop novel solutions to their clients’ challenges which have led to them working on projects from Additively Manufactured Batteries through to equipment for Professional Sports Teams.
However, they are still most well known for their expertise within the Automotive & Motorsport world and to this day continue to leverage their motorsport DNA to deliver complete engineering solutions for high-performance and niche vehicles.
Our capabilities include
- High Performance Engineering
- Digital Fabrication
- Additive Manufacturing
- Lightweight structures and composites
- Industrial Inkjet
- High Performance Engineering project management
- Special purpose machine design and manufacture
About the role
Core competencies and Experience
Applicants will ideally have a degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of a 2:1 result or equivalent. Automotive/motorsport experience preferred but not essential.
Applicants will preferably have a
- Motorsport, automotive, low volume production experience in a similar industry
- Able to demonstrate ability to use CATIA V5 and SolidWorks as appropriate
- Create and manage project plans
- Ability to prepare specifications and procedures as required
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings, including GD&T
- Manage technical risks
- Express a commitment to quality and meeting customer requirements
- Confident use of MS-Office applications
- Proven skills in detailed analysis and problem solving from first principles
- Follow, create, and disseminate good working practises and processes
- Able to develop processes based on changing project requirements
The successful applicant will be;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A problem solver/have strong lateral thinking skills
- Flexible, takes initiative and can easily adapt
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- Prepared to get hands on
- Work effectively under pressure
- Show commitment and dedication to quality ensure customers’ requirements are always met
- Tenacious in meeting deadlines
- Proactive in health and safety best practices
- Have continuous improvement mentality
This is a varied role of a junior position, please see below for an experienced Quality Engineers’ requirements of which we would expect them to be confident in fulfilling following several years’ service.
- Working with the inspection department to understand inspection techniques and developing processes and methods to validate part quality
- Support the strategy for meeting the programmes quality requirement
- Ensuring customers’ requirements are being met through establishing robust internal processes and providing engineering feedback where required
- Managing and continuously improving an agile quality management system and team
- Supporting FMEA activities
- Creating close working relationships with suppliers to ensure the development of safety critical parts are robustly manufactured
- Auditing suppliers for approval or performance assessment of new and existing suppliers
- Carrying out effective problem-solving activities by utilising 8D principles
The role may require you to work out of main office hours or to travel around the UK or abroad and spend periods of time with our customers off site.
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified.
Employees will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
Opportunities for Career Development
KWSP is a small but growing business. For someone with the right “can do” attitude, technical skill and initiative there may be future opportunities within the business.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please click apply and submit your CV and a Cover Letter.