Alpine Racing have placed Computational Fluid Dynamics at the heart of our aerodynamics development as we pursue the ultimate of on-track performance by exploiting cutting edge computational technologies and engineering modelling techniques. We seek an organised and enthusiastic individual to lead a small group of expert engineers, whose remit shall be to direct, optimise and manage the implementation of open-source computational fluid dynamics software (OpenFOAM) on local and cloud high performance compute resources.
Principal Computational Scientist (CFD) – The Role
In our pursuit of car performance, we seek an enthusiastic and capable individual to expand and strengthen our deployment and use of open source CFD software. The scope of the role covers all parts of CAE analysis: CAD acquisition, model articulation, volume meshing, partitioning, solving and post-processing. You will be responsible for defining, implementing and continuous improvement of process, including research and development of new technologies in a fast-moving environment.
Principal Computational Scientist (CFD) – The Person
The successful candidate will possess a degree in computational science or a scientific discipline such as aerodynamics, mathematics or physics. Direct experience of running scientific software on high performance compute resource is essential, including associated skills with shell scripting, scheduling management systems, web services, containers and package managers.
The skills required are:
- educated to Masters or PhD in computational science or a scientific discipline such as aerodynamics, mathematics or physics
- 5+ yrs experience in developing and running scientific modelling software on high performance compute facilities
- 5+ yrs experience in developing rapid visualisation tools for rapid analysis of large scientific datasets
- 5+ yrs experience in object-orientated programming, including Python
- 5+ yrs experience in common software services and tools, e.g. Apache, Spack, SLURM, Docker, Git etc.
- ideally, experience of common CAE tools, in particular CATIA, ANSA, OpenFOAM and ParaView
- excellent communication skills
- capable of leading direct reports and delivering as part of a team
- capable to work under pressure and to tight timescales
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.
Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.