Define, develop and deliver the retail partner network strategy for the growth of the Lotus Brand in mainland Europe in line with Vision 80, the Lotus retail strategy and Lotus Cars Product Strategy.
The role will involve close liaison with the Head of European Sales, in order to achieve the retail partner appointment targets in line with agreed requirements and targets.
Develop a process and structure to assess the mainland Europe Lotus retail partner network in existing and prospective territories. Identifying markets with potential and opportunity with assessment of risks and further review. Considering competitive data, economic, demographic and other relevant information such as legislation variables.
- Deliver the level of network expansion in mainland Europe required to drive profitability and growth for Lotus Cars in accordance with the company’s business aspirations and volume targets.
- Identify and recruit strategic network retail partners, managing the entire process from initial approach through to showroom opening. To include agreement on contractual and facility requirements, overseeing the implementation of the agreed business plan in conjunction with the relevant Lotus Business Development Manager. Continually reviewing the process for on-boarding new retail partners.
- Liaise directly with the appropriate teams at Lotus Head Office in UK and throughout the global business to ensure compliance to proposed new facility guidelines
- Manage the associated internal approval process, including Board-level approval and preparation of contracts
- Create a suite of materials to support the appointment of retail partners, commensurate with the Lotus brand and including such information as an overview presentation, application pack, and business plan and marketing plan templates (with input from other Lotus departments)
- Review and implement the Lotus CI and Retain Standards across all markets to ensure compliance.
Implement a system within which new and existing partners are regularly reviewed, with key stakeholders, in order to assess whether they are appropriate for new and ongoing representation of Lotus. This will include, but not limited to financial reports, business structure, capability and historic performance.
Qualifications and Experience
- Business degree or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience in sales and business development, with a preference specialising in network development on a global scale.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Automotive experience in the development of dealer/distributor networks.
- Proven leader who has the ability to influence, develop and achieve objectives.
- Business acumen and decorum.
- Business qualifications.
- Experience in business development functions, ideally on a international scale in alternative industries.
- Multi lingual skills could be an advantage.
- Previous network expansion required, but not essentially automotive.
- Honest, hard working.
Network development budget and contribution to the Lotus AMP
Working closely with the Head of Sales to ensure the business model to the network enables them and Lotus to form a profitable and long standing business partnership. Frequent travel and unsociable hours during peak times.
Decision Making Responsibilites
Responsibility of proposing the continuation, termination or appointment of new dealers/distributors to the business to the Senior Management Team and subsequent board members, as and when required.
Please note this role will be based in Germany although frequent travel will be required.