Join the newest successful Formula One team! At Rich Energy Haas F1 Team, we are looking to grow our team and have an exciting position available in our Garage Technician department. This is an opportunity for experienced and team-oriented individuals to make a substantial impact within a small, fast-paced team.
We are a young, dynamic, and expanding team that is building an open, discursive environment full of opportunities for motivated individuals pursing a challenge. Rich Energy Haas F1 Team is designed to allow the best and brightest talent to excel within the premier form of racing in the world. The team debuted in the FIA Formula One World Championship in 2016, becoming the first American-led Formula One team since 1986. Founded by industrialist Gene Haas, the team is based in Kannapolis, North Carolina, USA, with team operations in Banbury, UK and Parma, Italy. Now in our fourth season, we have proven to be competitive with a uniquely-designed team who have quickly demonstrated our desire to win!
This position reports to the Race Team Operations Manager or his designee; is located in Banbury, UK. Responsible for the leadership of the group of garage technicians at all tests and races with responsibility for the build and presentation of the garage and associated equipment as well as the transportation of race team freight including cars and pit equipment.
- Promote teamwork and effective communications to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
- Management of the garage technician team including the planning and scheduling of workload.
- Planning and scheduling any training that may be required for the garage technician team.
- Oversee & Implement the construction of the garage environment at all tests and races including bannering system, overhead lighting gantry, services and pit equipment.
- To ensure that all road, air and sea freight is correctly and safely loaded on-time for transportation.
- Directing the team of garage technicians during running to ensure that the team operates in an efficient, professional and safe manner at all times.
- Maintenance of all pit equipment in accordance with schedules and presentation standards.
- You will be responsible for the overall cleanliness and tidyness of the garage environment to an extremely high standard. This will also be replicated in your work area, and all tools and equipment the garage technician group are responsible for.
- Follow all Health & Safety regulations in all venues.
- Assumes any responsibilities and duties delegated by the Race Team Operations Manager or his designee.
Education and Work Experience:
Previous experience of working in a professional Motorsport environment, with proven experience in managing, training and leading a team. Ability understand the workload and allocate tasks appropriately throughout the team in accordance with time constraints. 3 Years previous experience as a Chief Garage Technician or similar position would be advantageous.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to diagnose equipment faults and deliver solutions in a pressurised environment under tight time constraints.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to overcome technical and operational issues
- The ability to consistently work to the highest standards with an exceptional attitude towards attention to detail.
- A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others, self-motivated with the ability to motivate a team.
Equipment and Applications:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products (Outlook, Excel, and Word) and a basic understanding of formula one vehicle systems and technology.
- Knowledge of formula one garage equipment and systems.
- Ability to follow complex regulations related to shipment of materials and facility maintenance requirements.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
This position may require lifting to 50 pounds, repeated bending, squatting and manual dexterity. Fast-paced work environment requiring heavy mental demands. Work environment includes machinery, race cars, 7-post and other rigs, grinding debris, and hazardous fluids. All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.