Abbey Precision Ltd is a precision engineering company based in Bradwell Abbey, Milton Keynes, that specialises in high precision component manufacture primarily for the motorsport, automotive and military sectors. Abbey Precision is the Mercedes F1 Supplier of the Year 2017 (metallics), employing 40 people across two shifts. We are a busy, forward thinking company investing heavily in automated plant and technology to maintain our position as a key supplier to the industry.
We are looking to recruit an additional bench fitter due to our increasing work load. This may suit someone with experience in a workshop environment looking to move into a precision engineering business. Other duties will depend on the successful candidate's skillset.
ROLE and DUTIES:
1. To hand dress and finish machined components. This may include deburring, some assembly work, cleaning of components and lapping.
2. To use our laser part marker to label components where required.
3. To operate machines when required.
4. To use the grit blasting machine to prepare components for anodising.
5. To use our lapping machine to finish components.
Be aware that this is a physical job and a certain amount of fitness is required.
Training can be provided where required.
1. Experience of a workshop environment.
2.Good ICT skills.
3. A good eye for detail.
4. Good work ethic, and the ability to work without direct supervision.
5. An interest in engineering (desirable).
6. The ability to demonstrate a knowledge of safe working practices.
7. Good levels of numeracy and literacy.
8. (preferable) Some stocktaking experience, or experience of using databases.
9. Willingness to be a flexible employee and helping as required in the business to meet deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time (or possibly, part time, for the right candidate. Specify in your application if you only wish to be considered for a part time role). Either day (8 to 4pm approx), or late (3:30pm to 11:30pm).
Salary: Approx £10/hr based on experience, plus overtime when available.
Abbey has a generous pension scheme and pays profit related bonuses.