KW Special Projects Ltd requires a Stores Manager to join the team in this ambitious and growing high performance engineering business. We are looking for someone who is a strong team player with a “can do” attitude.
KW Special Projects is a high-performance design and engineering solution provider based in Bicester at the heart of the Silverstone Technology Cluster. KWSP uses the speed and agility of the motorsport industry upon which it was founded to provide cutting-edge, on-demand design and engineering services.
By transferring knowledge and technology from one sector to another they develop novel solutions to their clients’ challenges which have led to them working on projects from Additively Manufactured Batteries through to equipment for Professional Sports Teams.
However, they are still most well known for their expertise within the Automotive & Motorsport world and to this day continue to leverage their motorsport DNA to deliver complete engineering solutions for high-performance and niche vehicles.
Our capabilities include
- High Performance Engineering
- Digital Fabrication
- Additive Manufacturing
- Lightweight structures and composites
- Industrial Inkjet
- High Performance Engineering project management
- Special purpose machine design and manufacture
About the role
This role will be responsible for the prioritising of goods receipt and pick lists to Work Orders and build parts. They will be picking sub assembly and build kits as required to achieve production deadlines.
The Stores Person will manage incoming and outgoing goods, recording and maintaining the stock data via the ERP systems.
Person Specification: Core competencies and experience.
All applicants are required to have;
- Ideally have a background working with niche vehicles or low production, but other sectors will be considered
- Attention to detail is essential
- Be able to operate a forklift/willing to get a forklift licence
- Access Factory Master experience is advantageous but not essential
- The successful applicant will be;
- meticulous organisational skills
- a problem solver/have strong lateral thinking skills
- able to demonstrate a commitment to quality and meeting customer requirements
- able to show initiative
- tenacious in meeting deadlines
- practical as well as creative and prepared to be hands on
- able to demonstrate precision and attention to detail including good record-keeping
- able to work effectively under time pressure
- able to work with health and safety in mind in terms of working procedures
Opportunities for Career Development
KWSP is a small but growing business. For someone with the right “can do” attitude, technical skill and initiative there may be future opportunities within the business.