For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We have an exciting opportunity to be a part of our Design and Development Team. The R&D Projects Group focus on the development of our cars, ensuring we continue to be a multi-championship winning Formula One Team. Working from our Milton Keynes campus, you will lead and direct development and analysis projects, taking full ownership, ensuring accurate progress, reporting and timely delivery. You will be primarily factory based with trackside support facilitated via our operations room, although there may be the opportunity for occasional travel.
- Plan, execute and manage development engineering projects covering any aspect of the car or associated systems.
- Apply first class engineering skills, analysis techniques and prior experience to the solution of technical problems, the operation of the car or the development of car systems.
- Monitor and track key performance and reliability metrics.
- Identify development opportunities with the goal of enhancing car performance and/or reliability.
- Define, request and coordinate support from other staff within Red Bull Technology & Red Bull Powertrains to deliver projects to successful conclusions.
- Define and prepare suitable engineering documentation as work progresses.
- Be the focal point through which all communication on a given project should pass.
- Support Red Bull Racing trackside operations, both at Races & Tests.
To be successful, you will need:
- To have data analysis experience, ideally using MESL Atlas 9/MAT Atlas 10 as well as mathematical modelling/simulation experience, ideally using MathWorks MATLAB, Simulink and SimScape.
- A solid engineering skill set with a motorsports background, ideally with previous F1 experience.
- A working knowledge of the operation and performance of internal combustion engines, turbo machines, drivetrains and automotive heat exchangers and a broad understanding of race car aerodynamics, vehicle dynamics and braking systems.
- Experience of energy recovery systems, energy management and battery performance limitations.
Not only is this a fantastic role, but it is also a fantastic team to work for. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme.
Job Posting End Date
Mon, 31 Jan 2022