Homestead-Miami Speedway is a world-class motorsports facility located just south of Miami in tropical South Florida. The Speedway is the home of Ford Championship Weekend, the season-finales for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series In addition to these major spectator events, the Speedway is active more than 260 days per year with multiple forms of racing, testing, track rentals, driving schools, and community events.
- Maintain 80 – 100 calls per day volume as well as an aggressive sales and meetings schedule.
- Sales of single-day and multi-day ticket packages, as well as group tickets and premium seating, to individuals, businesses, churches, civic organizations, etc.
- Under direction of the Director of Ticket Sales, assist in the planning and development of, in accordance with budget guidelines, a regional and local sales plan and initiatives for event related activities at HMS. Such activities shall include, but not limited to club seats, group sales packages, chalets, suites, and other revenue generating opportunities
- Assist with maintaining hospitality inventory database (update hospitality & signage layouts, and communicate with Americrown, OPS (sign shop), and appropriate vendors)
- With Director of Ticket Sales, oversee all facets of entertainment on race weekends. Work with the event staff including interns, volunteers, and other HMS staff, including Americrown and other vendors required to ensure that mutually agreed to, or contractually specified, obligations to the customer are performed at a level that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to overseeing pit tours, coordination of driver appearances, etc. During events, be available for the customers for questions, additional requests, etc
- Assist with implementation of the hospitality and suite renewal process. Process includes, but not limited to, development of correspondence, information included in packet, and tracking process with follow-up plan
- Coordinate volunteer/Hospitality Concierge program: recruitment, training, scheduling. Ensure all concierge supplies are ordered and in-house
- Assist Director of Ticket Sales, as directed, to provide for the accurate financial and control procedures of various sales activities. Maintain appropriate files on customer services/obligations
- Prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities in addition to the leads you are provided
- Extensive cold calling to potential season ticket, group ticket and premium seating prospects on a daily basis.
- Face to face selling
- Continually prospect for new business opportunities
- Network with local business in an effort to acquire sales leads
- Maintain a prospect database and track new sales leads
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly report to the Director as a way of monitoring own job performance
- Actively pursue new targets for Champions Club and Media Center rental.
- Main point person for any non-race weekend paid Champions Club and Media Center rental
- Coordinate with operations department on facility rentals ensuring customer needs are met
- Track all individual sales personally as a guidance for own personal job performance
- Build relationships to provide referrals and repeat business
- Recognize future sales opportunities
- Development of creative programs to target specific community organizations for groups
- Set appointments, show seats, and give track tours with the intent to close business
- Represent the track at various community events, such as festivals, sporting events, etc. with the responsibility of informing the community about the track, and marketing ticket sales packages and promotions
- Answer incoming single game calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, groups, and premium seating opportunities
- Provide excellent customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone and at games Work races and events on nights, weekends and holidays as assigned (i.e. answer phones, work sales booths, visit clients)
- Assist customer service efforts (mailing invoices, tickets, etc…)
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The successful candidate will be creative, highly motivated, organized and a team player with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task. Candidate is expected to bring a positive attitude to the workplace, to be cheerful, engaging, cooperative and productive, and to perform additional duties as required for the efficient operations of the Speedway.
- Must possess strategic and creative thought to spur fresh ideas driving corporate partnership revenue
- Customer service focus; committed to catering to the corporate client
- Ability to effectively present information to management and prospects in both oral and written form
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities, and leadership skills required
- Ability to manage budgets effectively
- BA degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.