In the role of Composite Fitter / Trimmer you will be responsible for:
- Fitting and Trimming of composite components and composite moulds for projects in the Motorsport/F1 and Aerospace industries requiring strong attention to detail, cost and quality.
- Carrying out work in adherence to technical drawings, internal and external specifications and build instructions as appropriate ensuring accuracy and process documentation.
- Bonding and trimming assemblies in accordance with defined standards.
- Fettling moulds and patterns in accordance with defined standards.
- Cutting and bonding of pattern materials in accordance with defined standards.
- Working with manufacturing engineering to support the development of standard work instructions and taking part in design for manufacture workshops for new product introduction.
- Identifying, defining and supporting the introduction of continuous improvement activities in the area of trimming and assembly.
Specific Skills & Experience:
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate significant previous experience of trimming a broad range of composite materials in the Motorsport / F1 or Aerospace industries.
- Comfortable working to tight time frames with demanding quality requirements.
- Candidates must demonstrate previous experience of using their own initiative.
- We work in an ever-changing environment with demanding customers, safety critical structural products and complex assemblies so we need someone who is flexible, reliable, hardworking and is heavily motivated by achieving high standards in composite manufacturing.