Founded by Jay Penske in 2007, GEOX DRAGON is an American racing team which became one of the 12 teams competing in the all-electric FIA Formula E World Championship. This is an opportunity for a highly skilled team player to join us and make the difference.
Dragon is looking for talented individuals who share our passion for racing and competition.
Dragon is seeking a qualified Chief Race Engineer who will be managing the Engineering group and leading the technical expertise of the engineers.
- Work independently and within a team group to define and deliver performance for races, tests and simulation events.
- Responsible for managing the Engineering group to prepare and compete at all events and tests in the Formula E World Championship.
- Extract the maximum performance from both cars and drivers at each event.
- Work within the team to collectively develop the engineering capability and knowledge of the team.
- Highlevel driver management skills with a confidence inspiring communicative approach
- Ability to plan and schedule engineering tasks but also adapt during dynamically changing conditions and circumstances on and off the track
- Defines objectives, identifies and evaluates trends and options, chooses a course of action and evaluates outcomes.
- Coaches, counsels and assign work to the engineering team
- Develops, maintain and enforces processes and procedures
Specialized Knowledge and skills:
- Mechanical Degree
- Proven track record in high level motorsport competition
- Proven High level Race engineering Experience
- Strong Science, Physics and Data driven background.
- indepth knowledge of vehicle dynamics and intervention control systems
- Organizational skills; keeping detailed notes and writing up projected outlines and proposals
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Data analysis software and simulation software skills
- Ability to think outside the box
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- An ability to work and prioritize within a high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical approach is essential. The role may require extensive domestic and international travel and a willingness to work long and flexible hours including weekends.
- The team’s motto is “e pluribus unum,” meaning, “out of many, emerges one.” We place the highest value on integrity, self-motivation, impeccable attention to detail, relentless determination, resilience, and the ability to collaborate and work as a team in an honest and high-pressure environment. We regularly go above and beyond and are committed to doing whatever is necessary to achieve our goals and make our ambitions a reality. We expect the same from everyone on our team.