The Porsche Club of America’s Technical Coordinator will be a key team member of the PCA National Office. This position’s primary objective will be to assist in redeveloping the organization’s technical program. Our goal is to be the technical resource for all things related to Porsche for members, potential members and guests. Utilizing our relationship with Porsche Cars North America, Porsche AG, and the many Porsche experts in our club to create technical content that will increase awareness about the PCA and support the PCA grassroots programs.
The Technical Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day content management of PCA’s technical information on all media platforms. Tasks include management of technical content (website, videos, social media, etc.), PCA’s Question & Answer program, technical video content development, monitor external sources of Porsche technical content, assist with PCA technical events and technical content archival. It also includes monitoring all content for accuracy, consistency, voice, tone and grammar according to PCA standards. The person in this position will interact with staff, volunteers, and others throughout the PCA/Porsche community to identify and locate content and features that will enhance our members’ and guests’ online experience within our organization.
This is a full time position in our Columbia, MD office.
Director of Administration
- Establish the PCA as the authority and destination for all Porsche technical content
- Ensure the PCA communication channels are optimized for reaching members and potential
- Utilize best practices to ensure PCA technical content is as visible as possible
- Plan for future changes, upgrades and improvements to our technical programs by staying current with trends and new developments.
- Support staff and volunteers with consistent technical content updates, freshness and archives
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
Technical content management
- Produce technical content for www.pca.org, e-Brake news, Porsche Panorama, and all social media channels
- Website Management: Create a technical area on website; Coordinate PCA national staff, HQ, members and web developers; Manage web development work flow
- Field all technical questions that come into PCA Headquarters via phone, mail, or email
- Review statistics and monitor the effectiveness of presented technical information
- Maintain PCA technical presence on relevant social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and others that make sense for the organization;
- Blog on a daily basis and post/respond (or cause to) on particular technical topics or in response to other posts/comments;
PCA’s Question & Answer program
- Work with PCA Technical Chair to reassess the PCA Q&A program and develop long term strategy and goals
- Work with PCA technical experts and volunteers to make their volunteer role manageable and effective
- Work with Porsche Panorama team to ensure Q&A content used in magazine is relevant and accurate
- Make PCA Q&A program more accessible to members;
Technical video content development
- Identify technical topics relevant to PCA membership
- Work with PCA Digital Media Coordinator to produce technical video content
- Identify partners to assist in promotion of PCA technical videos;
Monitor external sources of Porsche technical content
- Actively participate in Porsche related forums
- Teach and coach PCA volunteers and others how to monitor and contribute to Porsche related forums
- Interface with Porsche Cars North America and Porsche AG to identify upcoming technical trends and innovations
- Interface with Porsche Cars North America, Porsche AG, and PCA volunteers to identify technical issues related to past models;
PCA technical events
- Assist Technical Chair to organize PCA Tech Tactics topics and speakers.
- Represent PCA at Porsche technical events
- Be the onsite resource of technical inquiries;
Technical content archival
- Develop an easy to use tool for members to access past technical content;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Above-average knowledge of Porsche technical topics
- Strong knowledge of the Porsche Club of America structure
- Familiarity of Porsche social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Access to technical sources such as Porsche Cars North America, Porsche AG and/or other technical experts;
- Superior problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to discuss technical issues with non-technical staff
- Proficiency in using personal computers and various office software packages including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and email management
- Experience with social media moderation/conversation
- Inclination to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to take charge of all facets of execution. Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Enjoys self-directed technical problem solving and committed to continuous learning
- Comfortable achieving a consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Business or equivalent combination of professional and academic experience
- Five years’ experience in project management and budget management
- Five years’ experience in content creation and/or social media coordination, or combination of both
- Must be located in Baltimore-Washington metro area and work on-site in Columbia, MD
- Automotive enthusiasm, understanding, and passion
$70,000 - $80,000 BOE
Please include cover letter and resume.