For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
MGU Mechanical Design Engineer – RBPT
Red Bull Powertrains have an exciting opportunity to be a key part of our expanding Power Unit engineering team. Our open, dynamic environment ensures that everyone can make a valuable contribution and we are looking for a creative MGU Mechanical Design Engineer to deliver World Championship winning Power Units year on year.
Working from our brand -new purpose-built Milton Keynes factory, you will be integrated within the Hybrid and Concept Mechanical Design Department of Red Bull Powertrains. Tasked to deliver the maximum performance potential to the podium, your group will work closely with all teams within Red Bull Powertrains. To be successful you must lead the design, development and failure investigations with absolute tenacity, to deliver maximum performance and flawless reliability, from concept to podium.
To fulfil this MGU Mechanical Design Engineer position, you will need:
- A Mechanical Engineering/Mechatronics Engineering degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of designing components for high-performance permanent magnet electric motors is advantageous, but experience of high-speed rotating machines or involvement in high-performance R&D projects is a pre-requisite.
- A high level of Mechanical Engineering competence in both technical and practical applications.
- CAD capability is a must in one of the major packages.
- Technical drawing with GD&T of complex machined parts.
- Proven history of successful fault investigation, containment and rectification.
- Proven track record of design for manufacture and design for assembly.
- Practical knowledge of stress and thermal analysis.
- Experience of clean sheet design from concept to track and a passion for creative innovation.
- Understanding of best practices for the design of High Voltage systems.
- Practical experience of system and component durability prove out.
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate the Engineers around you to success.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to learn new skills is essential.
- Evidenced experience of complex decision making and strategic thinking when faced with imperfect data and challenging timelines.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster strong cross-departmental relationships.
Not only is this a fantastic MGU Mechanical Design Engineer role, it is also a fantastic team to work in. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme.
Fri, 19 Aug 2022