At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
Working within our composite manufacturing team to produce composite laminated components, composite parts and assemblies to support our Formula One Team at MTC. Principally, laminating, tooling, trimming and bonding of various composite components.
The purpose of the role is to contribute to both the Composite Laminating and Composite Assembly teams through the year to meet business demand and flex between the two departments as required.
- Produce parts 100% to engineering drawing
- To ensure all parts conform to specific instruction sheets
- Laminating Components
- Vacuum bagging of components
- Autoclave Operation
- Inspection of completed components
- Trim and Assemble carbon fibre components
- Initial assembly of new car parts
- Servicing items from races and tests
- Preparation of parts for Non Destructive Testing inspection
- Work in a safe manner and to prescribed process
- Participation in continuous improvement activities