At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Reporting to the Team Leader(s), it is your responsibility to deliver high-quality components on time and in full whilst working to best practice and embracing continuous improvement to meet the overarching strategic vision for the department. The role demands a skilled, diligent, and agile person that works well as part of the team and is target driven.
- To manufacture precision machined components to information prescribed within our job packs and engineering drawings to support the delivery of the schedule on time and in full, maintaining energy and momentum throughout the shift
- Setting and operating several multi-axis CNC machines with a range of controllers
- Confidently program parts online, fully, or partially
- Maintain program, tooling and inspection records for all components produced
- Provide detailed and concise feedback to our Senior Programmers and Manufacturing Engineering Team to develop workholding, programs and machining methods
- Support the Shift Lead(s) to manage workflow in your machining cell to maximise output without compromising quality
- Responsible for inspection of parts produced RFT and to ensure the ongoing quality of components
- Maintain a high-quality shift handover record with other shift-based employees in the machine shop
- Ensure works order booking accuracy is maintained with timely data entry
- Embracing and adhering to our SOP’s and best practice guides
- To be aware of health and safety legislation and contribute positively to safety standards on the shop floor