Based in Clermont-Ferrand, Michelin Motorsport is responsible for Michelin global motorsport activities (Moto GP, WEC, IMSA …). Our mission is to promote our brand and develop sustainable technologies. Performance simulation is very important in new car design process and we would like to reinforce our leadership in tire modeling.
An exciting new role has become available for a Performance & Simulation Engineer.
Rôle Overview :
Working as part of a team of performance engineers within the Technical department which support Motorport and Sportcar activities. The performance engineer will be a key contributor to the overall innovation and development process for optimization of tire performance. Main challenge will be to continue to improve tire design and tire understanding.
- Support our partner and tire designer with vehicle performance analysis during test and race events.
- Collaborate with internal R&D team in order to drive tire model development.
- Build and calibrate tire model.
- Assist DIL activities internally, with our partners.
- Develop tire/vehicle interaction comprehension, define new criteria and performance analysis tool.
- Develop technical partnership with our customer.
Qualifications, skills and experience required :
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering,
Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a vehicle dynamics role.
Experience in the development or use of DIL will be of benefit.
Effective written and oral communication skills in English. French can be a plus.
Proven skill in Matlab/Python
Autonomous and proactive