DAMS is a professional race team competing in the FIA Formula 2 Championship, Formula 1’s main feeder series. Using its world-class expertise, the French outfit trains and prepares young, talented drivers for the pinnacle of motorsport. Created at the end of 1988, DAMS’ elite team of mechanics and engineers has resulted in success in every category it has raced in, including F2, Formula Renault 3.5, Formula E and Porsche Supercup.
We are currently looking for a mechanic with experience in single seater categories to join our Formula 2 team, reporting directly to the Chief Mechanic.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Car build, service and repair
- Preparing car for testing
- Car set-up
- Strip and inspect parts
- Measure components
- Follow engineering department guidelines
- Travel to races/test events
- Join the pitstop team
- Manufacturing of components would be ideal
Qualification & Experience:
- Experienced in motorsport (F2, F3, LMP)
- Ability to perform detailed inspections
- Investigations into car failures and problem solving
- Working under pressure across as an effective team member
- Prioritise multiple daily tasks
- Must be flexible and able to communicate at all levels
- Willingness to achieve challenging targets
- Positive attitude and commitment are a must
- Truck driving license is a plus
DAMS has benefitted from the construction of new facilities in 2017, spreading over 2,300m2 with the famous Le Mans 24 Hours circuit nearby, creating an efficient working environment for team members. We offer flexible contracts, open to full time, part time or contractor work according to the profiles.
Please include your CV and remuneration expectations in your application.