Hypermotive are a well-respected and dynamic engineering and manufacturing business, focussed on the e-mobility transport. Hypermotive specialise in the design and tier 1 manufacture of high and low voltage power distribution systems and wiring harnesses for sectors including automotive, motorsport, commercial vehicle, rail, marine and aerospace. We are also recognised as one of Europe’s most experienced hydrogen fuel cell system integrators.
Joining Hypermotive would make you a key part of a highly experienced, engaged and dedicated team - delivering a wide range of projects at the cutting edge of the e-mobility and zero-emissions technology.
You will work on highly varied projects across motorsport and automotive, both on and off- vehicle, where your input will directly contribute not only to the successful delivery of projects but also support the success and growth of the business.
As a key part of the Hypermotive Manufacturing team, you will contribute to the following activities:
- Manufacture of motorsport and automotive electrical harnesses
- Build of low and high voltage assemblies and enclosures
- Perform end of line harness test procedures such as continuity, isolation, and resistive tests
- Interfacing with in-house engineering team as required to support harness and electrical system design development and build.
Education and Skills Requirements
Must have a minimum of 2 years relevant automotive, motorsport or aerospace experience in wiring harness manufacture.
- Must have experience of complex low-voltage wiring harnesses manufacture including the following techniques:
- Wire wrapping/twisting
- Moulded parts/System 25
- Service loops
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and harness manufacturing drawings
- Ability to work to a high level of dimensional accuracy and repeatability.
- Knowledge of common connector systems, wire types and sleeving.
- Knowledge of and experience of working to automotive and/or motorsport wiring standards
- Be able to work to Hypermotive and/or customers’ codes of practice
- Experience of working with high voltage cables and connectors an advantage
- Experience of end-of-line testing (e.g. Cirris) an advantage
- Have a professional attitude and ability to talk with clients while working on customer sites
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- High proficiency or fluency in English
- Flexible attitude – must be willing to work to customer deadlines which sometimes requires flexible working hours
- Team player – you will be part of an experienced and tight knit team so ability to work with others is a must
- Good time management skills
- Self-motivated and proactive
Hypermotive can offer:
- Interesting, varied and challenging work
- Good rates of pay and generous holidays
- Wide range of projects across multiple sectors
- Highly flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme and other benefits
- Uniform/workwear and tools provided.
- Relevant training provided.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please click apply and submit your CV