WAE Technologies Limited exists to accelerate the advantage and impact of our clients. We do it through innovative engineering and technology that solves complex problems and brings a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Tyre Engineer in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment.
- Evaluate and optimise tyre utilisation during track tests and race events to ensure maximum overall performance of cars during qualifying and racing
- Support trackside tyre performance engineering with test program planning and analysis.
- Formulation of the pre-event tyre report with recommendations for tyre preparation and usage.
- Responsible for the tyre moment/force/thermal model used on the driver in the loop simulator and offline simulation tools.
- Responsible for the post event tyre correlation exercise (race driver in the DIL) and reporting on such tests.
- A good Vehicle Dynamics knowledge and background is essential.
- Trackside experience in a high-level motorsport series will be beneficial.
- Tyre modelling experience is desirable (Matlab / Simulink).
- Experience of Vehicle dynamics modelling (Matlab / Simulink / SimPack / Dymola, Adams etc).
- Experience in the development of tyre thermo-mechanical models, higher fidelity models (brush model…etc) physical models or FE models would be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in tyre indoor and outdoor testing (planning, execution, data analysis) would be an advantage.
- Training to add to your existing skills and accelerate your career
- A supportive and empowering work environment
The closing date for applications is 7th of June 2023.
We are based on the Williams technical campus in Grove, Oxfordshire, UK. 20 minutes’ drive South of Oxford, UK.
Disclaimers and DEI:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. At WAE we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills. WAE is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonable job adjustments.