Based in Alzenau, near Frankfurt in Germany, Hyundai Motorsport GmbH is responsible for Hyundai’s global motorsport activities and primarily for its World Rally Championship program. We are currently seeking for a Transmission Design Engineer who will design and develop parts. Developing may range from creating new designs from the initial concept phase all the way to parts supply monitoring and validation.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Design and develop transmission parts.
- Calculations of gearset, shafts and bearings, design housing of the drive unit.
- Conceptual and layout design, drawings and assembly drawings, 3D modelling.
- Collaboration with the different departments of the company; the chassis- and engine design offices and electronic department, also a lot of co-operation with the calibration engineers.
- Responsibility for specification, development with suppliers and verification/validation.
- Working together with the transmission workshop for assembly process support and validation for the new parts.
- Run root cause analysis and develop robust solutions. Screen new technologies and define the innovation strategy roadmap for the systems.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in engineering or equivalent.
- 3-4 years of experience working in transmission or electric powertrain integration. Preferably from motorsports industry.
- Strong knowledge on CATIA V5 (Part Design, Generative Shape Design, Drafting etc.) Knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Clear attention to detail, able to manage multiple priorities. Flexible approach to working hours and tasks is essential.
- You complete tasks with minimal guidance but also able to show how you can be part of a team and create a motivating environment.
- Fluent English both written and spoken is mandatory.