At Prodrive we believe there’s no limit to what can be achieved when the brightest minds come together. Joining one focused and driven team, you will challenge boundaries in order to change the game for our customers. We are the world’s leading independent motorsport company and the business behind some of the greatest names and achievements in motorsport over the last 40 years. Our skilled Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers work together every step of the way to design, build and run elite competition cars on the track and off-road across the globe.
We are looking for a Technical Buyer to join our Motorsport team in Banbury who will help manage a divisional purchasing department and budget, ensuring the correct products are sourced at the right time, quality and price in line with approved requests, budget and predicted stock levels. To provide guidance on all purchasing, stock control and logistics tasks to buyers/expeditors.
- Assist Engineers in the selection of key suppliers and sources;
- Benchmarking of all products within the given area to ensure best total acquisition cost is achieved;
- Leading/supporting supplier negotiations as required to achieve the above. This will include technical partnership contract development and implementation;
- Continually monitor and develop buyers’ performance and reviewing on a regular basis any training needs that may be required;
- Continually monitor suppliers’ performance using Prodrive’s vendor rating system as a tool for measuring delivery and quality;
- Strategic planning for UK purchasing reporting on budget, cost down actual against target, current projects status, staffing update;
- To play an active role in achieving departmental objectives such as; cost reduction targets year on year, supplier reduction and improved stock management; and
- Ad-hoc duties as specified by the Head of Procurement and Senior Purchasing Manager.
Who are we looking for?
- You will be computer literate;
- Experience in Motorsport is an advantage;
- You will have a good understanding of car component manufacturing and basic engineering processes and information;
- An understanding of IFS business system is an advantage;
- Excellent time management in order to deal with changing priorities;
- Excellent communication skills for all levels is essential in this role;
- A sound understanding of contract law and terms of purchase;
- Willing to work additional hours to ensure tasks are completed in support of our customers requirements;
- A naturally well organised individual with good administration skills;
- An individual with excellent attention to detail;
- An excellent negotiator who is able to deliver results in line with targets; and
- Preferably CIPS qualified.
What can we offer you?
- An attractive salary which will grow in line with your ongoing development and impact;
- 25 days holiday (which increases with long service) with an opportunity to purchase up to 15 extra days;
- Training opportunities for continuing professional development;
- Onsite subsidised staff restaurant;
- Car and pension salary sacrifice schemes;
- Exercise classes;
- Paid time off for volunteering;
- Consultations with our Fit 4 Life expert;
- Social events throughout the year;
- Exclusive company discounts; and
- Life assurance.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
At Prodrive we are committed to attracting and nurturing the best talent and creating an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences and diversity amongst all staff so that everyone has the widest opportunities to maximise their potential. We aim to ensure that no job applicant is placed at a disadvantage by practices or requirements which disproportionately impact protected groups and which are not justified by the demands of the job. If you feel you are right for this role, we welcome your application.
Come and make a difference.