- Applying the F1 SECU standard
- Analysing and evaluating dataa
- Defining test rig runs and test cycles
- Performing tests on test rigs, working closely with colleagues from the various specialist departments (MGU-K, battery, ICE, clutch, gearbox, hydraulics, simulation, general test rigs)
- Reporting and documenting tests
- Analysing faults
- Working on applications/preliminary parameterisation for HIL/DIL
- Based on the work on HIL/DIL, actively contributing to work on improving the model landscape (MATLAB/Simulink)
- Carrying out performance analysis on the powertrain and identifying and refining the necessary KPIs
- Developing the race starts
- Taking initiative and working collaboratively with colleagues from the system/high-voltage battery, MGU-K, ICE, hydraulics, gearbox and simulation teams
- Technical or scientific degree or doctorate (mechanical engineering, vehicle technology, mechatronics or similar)
- Thorough knowledge of and several years of experience in racing powertrain applications (MGU-K, battery, ICE, clutch, seamless-shift gearbox, controlled differential), ideally in Formula 1, LMDh or LMP1
- Experience in the control of hydraulic systems and actuators
- Thorough knowledge of data analysis and evaluation
- Thorough knowledge of the sensor systems used in modern hybrid racing powertrains
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink
- Ideally, you will be conversant with the F1 SECU standard and the McLaren Applied tool landscape
- Knowledge of the technical and sporting regulations and of vehicle dynamics would be an advantage
- Highly developed analytical, systematic and independent way of working and ability to work in a team
- Full professional proficiency in German or English and a willingness to attain a basic level in the corresponding other language are prerequisites
As a development engineer for powertrain, applications and test rig management, you will make a significant contribution to the success of the project and specify the development directions for the various subsections. You will be involved in developing one of the most powerful and efficient of all hybrid drive systems in the fiercely competitive world of Formula 1 racing.
Audi Formula Racing GmbH is a wholly owned subsidiary of Audi Sport and was founded in 2022 for the brand’s Formula 1 entry. From 2026, the brand with the four rings will compete in the widely popular FIA Formula 1 World Championship with an internally developed power unit and its own factory team. In the future, the program will spearhead Audi’s factory commitment in motorsport.
The power unit is developed at Audi Sport’s state-of-the-art Competence Center Motorsport in Neuburg an der Donau, close to AUDI AG’s corporate headquarters in Ingolstadt. The facility opened in 2014 and is considered as one of the most modern of its kind. It’s currently being expanded for the F1 program. For the first time since 2009, a Formula 1 power unit will be made in Germany.
The decision to enter Formula 1 was driven by new regulations announced by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA). From 2026, sustainable synthetic fuels will be used while approximately 50% of the drivetrain’s power will be electric. Audi wants to actively support the transformation of what is by far the most important motorsport series.
Popular on a global stage, highly emotional and technologically advanced – Formula 1 is a spectacular platform for the world’s most sophisticated electrified racing cars. Audi wants to demonstrate “Vorsprung durch Technik” in this competitive environment and is putting together a highly specialized team to develop the power unit. Our basis is the extensive expertise gained from our successful motorsport involvement in Formula E, touring car racing, customer racing, the Dakar Rally and our Le Mans era.
Become a part of this unique project at the pinnacle of motorsport and get involved when Audi writes the next chapter of its motorsport history.
These positions are available at Audi Formula Racing GmbH in Neuburg an der Donau.
Please note that these positions are not at AUDI AG.
All positions at Audi Formula Racing GmbH are available on a part-time basis in principle.
We live diversity, we stand up actively for inclusion, and we create an environment that promotes the individuality of each person in the interests of the company.
We expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities, as their integration is a matter of special concern to us.
If you have any questions, please contact the AFR team by e-mailing email@example.com
Please note that we can consider only applications
submitted via our online job portal.