The McMurtry Spéirling electric fan car has just broken the Goodwood Hillclimb record, but what are we doing next?
We are expanding our team to allow us to deliver the three next targets on our list:
- Unlocking more performance from our record-breaking demonstrator cars. There are more records in our sights.
- Engineering the components, systems, and processes for the road legal version.
- Delivering our proprietary battery technology for high performance customer applications.
McMurtry Automotive’s mission is to bring real engagement and emotion to driving electric performance cars. Our close and highly motivated team consists of people from Formula One, high-end automotive and aerospace backgrounds who appreciate the design freedom that working in a small and agile team gives. We are big on clean sheet design and out of the box thinking and have the backing and commitment to change the way people think about small electric cars for good.
As a member of the McMurtry Automotive mechanical design team, you will be responsible for the concept development, technical design, and validation of structural and non-structural systems for track and high-performance road vehicles. We are seeking people who are proactive and passionate about first principles design, have a background of practical and academic excellence, a great attention to detail and can work unsupervised to tight deadlines.
- Creative flair in designing components within a very tight packaging environment
- Confidence in taking ownership of a whole system and seeing it through from initial concept, design, test plan creation and system validation
- Excellent CAD skills (NX preferred)
- Ability to carry out functional analysis by calculation & FEA
- Excellent knowledge of materials, machining, casting, and additive processes for low volume manufacture
- Excellent knowledge of GD&T, drawing and assembly document creation
- Prompt investigations and resolution of faults, as required
- Bachelor or Master graduate in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a high level automotive/motorsport environment
- Experience around designing rotating machinery such as transmission systems desirable
- Experience of composite design desirable
- A basic understanding of High Voltage vehicle systems and safety
Hybrid working is available, nonetheless it is expected that you will be in the office at least 3 days a week. This enables great collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team seeking to achieve ambitious and challenging project aims.
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.