The Mechanic is directly responsible for the preparation and build-up of race cars.. The role will foresee activities in the workshop and abroad.
The duties of the Mechanic will include:
- Ensure the correct build-up of a race car.
- Be involved in the daily, weekly, and monthly planning of build-up schedules.
- Communicate about the daily plans towards the Chief Mechanic
- Support test and race activities as required.
- Always maintain a professional and clean appearance of the race cars and equipment. Similar approach for keeping the work area clean and organized and encourage others to do so.
- Act as a mentor to less experienced team members, to ensure quality control while promoting positive learning environment.
- Professionally representing the team and its sponsors on and off-track. Sharing a positive attitude and respect inside the team.
The Chief Mechanic should have the following desired skillset:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience as a mechanic in the motorsport sector preferably F1, LMP2, LMH, LMDh, FE, DTM, GT3, …
- Ability to be part of the pit stop crew, either gunner or wheeler.
- The ability to consistently work at the highest standards with an exceptional can-do attitude towards attention to detail.
- Can work under pressure meeting tight deadlines without compromising quality, and with minimal guidance.
- Good communication skills, enthusiasm, and the ability to learn and adapt quickly are prerequisite for the role.
- The ability to work well as part of a team is an essential skill.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge of motorsport electrical standards, and preferably high voltage usage (Level 2 or 3) is a plus.
- Promote are values (People, Passion, Performance) and commit to personal investment into the WRT ESG strategy.
Please click apply and send CV and motivation letter