Envision Racing is a UK based Formula E Team competing in the FIA Formula E World Championship and has the requirement for a qualified and experience IT Manager to be employed full time. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to thrive in this challenging yet highly rewarding role.
As an IT Infrastructure Engineer you will responsible for all of Envision Racing’s IT systems. Located at Silverstone in the UK. You will travel to all race and test events ensuring that the various systems and applications are online and available.
IT Manager – Formula E Team
- Reporting to the Team & Sporting Director and Technical Director.
- Attend all track tests and race events.
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft products, including Windows Server, Office 365 & Azure.
- In depth knowledge of VMware vSphere, including vSAN and preferably Tanzu.
- Strong knowledge of HPE/Lenovo servers and storage, including Hyperconverged & iSCSI.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco networking products, including switching, routing and wireless devices.
- Working knowledge of Linux operating systems.
- Able to provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support to end users, managing issues from start to finish.
- Able to manage budget and purchasing requirements.
- 5+ years in a similar role with preference given to those from a Motorsport background.
Additional attributes our candidates should possess are:
- A proven ability to work to tight deadlines in a group or alone and remain calm under pressure.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment.
- Self-motivation with a will to contribute to the end goal.
- Good English written and oral communication skills.
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and propose solutions to uncommon problems.
This position is based at Silverstone in our purpose-built workshop with free onsite parking and surrounded by forests and with an onsite gym to unwind during breaks. The role will require some international travel and long flexible hours. The position will offer a competitive salary package, plus bonus potential, 25 days paid holiday, company pension and healthcare.
Please apply and ensure you include your curriculum vitae, covering letter and remuneration expectations.
All applicants must have eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
Envision Racing is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. If you have a disability, we are happy to discuss reasonably job adjustments.