For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Powertrains is a Formula One power unit manufacturing company and the newest addition to the Red Bull Technology Campus in Milton Keynes. Formed in 2021, Red Bull Powertrains is continuously expanding the team of experienced and talented engineers from different backgrounds, all working towards developing a championship winning Power Unit that will comply with 2026 regulations.
Red Bull Powertrains are looking for a talented and motivated Integration Engineer to be the liaison between Red Bull Powertrains and a customer team. Manage day to day technical queries and communications, assess and respond to technical requests, and ensure the successful integration and operation of the Red Bull Powertrains power unit within the customer car.
Key Accountabilities of this Integration Engineer position:
- To develop and maintain good relationships between Red Bull Powertrains and our customer team, fostering an open, honest and high performing collaboration.
- To lead all technical communication between Red Bull Powertrains and a customer team.
- Design and release any customer specific components required to facilitate the integration of the PU into their car.
- To produce and maintain interface documentation between power unit and chassis to ensure the safe and reliable operation of our PU in a customer car.
- To liaise with engineers and team leaders to determine realistic project schedules & to work towards achieving them; forecasting exceptions throughout the process.
- Supervise the installation of the RBPT PU into the customer car, document and resolve integration issues.
- Provide event support when necessary - some travel may be required
Essential competencies of this Integration Engineer position:
- Recent, relevant experience of Motorsport / F1 PU integration.
- Be prepared to go the extra mile as and when required
- A good engineering qualification or equivalent and relevant proven experience.
- A good understanding of current and future regulations, and their relevance to the power unit manufacturer, factory and customer team relationships.
- Experienced user of 3D CAD (Siemens NX desirable but training will be given)
We are committed to supporting the development of all our team members and place as much value in aptitude and willingness to learn as in specific skills or experience. A career in Formula 1 offers a unique opportunity for both personal and professional development and if successful we will help you develop your existing skills in mechanical engineering and design through both formal training and on-the-job mentoring in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
At Red Bull Powertrains, we offer more than just a competitive salary. Other benefits include our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to our championship winning grand prix cars.
Thu, 7 Mar 2024