Every one of the people working behind the scenes of Formula 1 are vital to keep the wheels turning. The role of HR Coordinator is an important part of the team.
Working closely with your HR Business Partner, you will provide a high level of HR admin support, together with appropriate guidance, advice and support to managers and staff in your designated business areas.
Based at our Media & Technology Centre in Biggin Hill with occasional travel to our office in St James's Market, you will:
- Once trained, interview prospective candidates for roles at F1 alongside the relevant manager.
- Raise new starter forms, ensuring appropriate authorisation is recorded.
- Create job files, file interview notes and generally keep them in order; to also destroy details after 12 months in line with our Candidate Privacy Notice.
- Maintain an interview question ‘library’.
- Create job descriptions in line with template and F1 format.
- Receive phone calls from staff, log and email managers advising of the employee’s sickness absence.
- Carry out welfare meetings, provide support, take notes and follow up where appropriate.
- Book and coordinate training for your business area, whilst following the Training Procedure to ensure the best ROI.
- Raise POs in a timely manner
Manage new starter process
- Draft contracts of employment and send with new starter pack.
- Follow extensive new starter procedures.
- Ensure all paperwork is given to payroll.
- Carry out new starter inductions and ensure there is new starter paperwork ready.
- Ensure all new starter paperwork in received/chased where appropriate.
- Keep new starter files at the front of the drawer until complete, then sign the file as complete and file within main filing cabinets.
- Write and confirm acceptance of resignation.
- Raise Leavers Form and New Employment Form.
- Calculate leaver’s entitlements for payroll.
- Ensure payroll is advised in a timely manner.
- Archive leaver files on a quarterly basis.
- Diarise probationary reviews with managers and ensure they are completed in a timely manner (to raise with HRBP if there are any performance issues/concerns/delays).
- Write and confirm completion/extension with employee and advise of benefits where appropriate.
- Log any disciplinary sanctions on HR Information System and remove once expired.
- Maintain HR Tracker, for the purposes of accurate monthly statistics, including turnover, average time to hire etc.
- Diarise fixed term contract end dates 6 weeks in advance and confirm if the contract will be renewed or not.
- Administer Maternity, Paternity, Shared Parental leave process.
- Complete employment references for leavers (check if we have agreed an enhanced reference upon leaving).
- Act as HR Rep and note-taker in disciplinary/grievance meetings.
- Contribute to HR projects, including updating of policies and procedures and improving HR systems etc.
- Provide support to other team members during busy periods or absence.
- Proactively maintain procedures for your own area of responsibility.
- Assist with processing of departmental paperwork as required.
- File departmental paperwork on a regular basis.
- Input data into HR Information System and ensure it remains up to date with any changes
- Previous experience as a HR Coordinator / Administrator
- Proven administration experience in a busy, fast-paced role
- A Levels or equivalent
- Basic HR knowledge
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
Be the force behind Formula 1!