At McLaren Racing, we believe only by chasing performance in everything we do can we give ourselves the best chance of success. Performance on track and in the factory. Performance for our people, our business and our partners. It’s about more than winning. It’s about hitting the highest standards, and then raising the bar again.
Purpose of the Role:
Working within the Control Systems department, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of high-performance test environments for the race car embedded software. This includes the implementation and execution of a test sequences, validation strategies and workflow, as well as its automation for non-regression testing. The role will also involve the development of bespoke embedded software and control strategies for deployment on simulators, dynos and rigs. This is a factory-based role.
In this position you will:
- Play a key role in the development, testing and verification of model based real time embedded applications for the F1 Standard ECU (SECU) and associated control strategies.
- Develop and maintain test environments for embedded software (Model in the Loop, Software in the Loop, Hardware in the Loop ,Driver in the Loop), including plant model development, integration and validation, control code integration, I/O and communications layer, and user interface.
- Execute functional testing and failure simulation testing for each relevant car system and associated control strategy.
- Advance our automated testing framework for non-regression testing on the HiL test environment: defining test suites, implementing automated test execution, and developing pass-off criteria and automated verification methodology.
- Support control software validation, via executing functional and non-regression testing for each software release.
- Develop bespoke F1 SECU embedded code for use on simulators, rigs and dynos, liaising with engineering customers to define control code requirements.
- Implement and validate control code in MATLAB/Simulink using the McLaren Applied toolset.
- Define workflow and develop automation tools for continuous integration of SECU code releases into simulators ,rigs and dynos.