For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
We’re looking for a Dimensional Quality Assurance Inspector to join our growing and exciting newest venture at Red Bull Powertrains.
You will Carry out Dimensional Inspection during the supply and in-service use of Powertrain components. This challenging position requires effective teamwork, clear communication, initiative, intelligent judgment, achieving and maintaining production efficiency and most importantly, an unwavering dedication to the quality of our products.
- Identify Non-conforming components, completion of Inspection reports and deliver accurate information to enable best decision making
- Ensure that data provided is 100% reliable and accurate information and entered into the business systems correctly
- Accurately write non-conformance reports to capture any dimensional or visual defects on engine components
- Carry out daily calibration of required equipment
- Work alongside Quality Engineers to review, create and improve on inspection processes and to support standard operating procedures to eliminate faults and maximise capabilities.
To be successful you will need to have previous experience within a similar role ideally within Automotive/Aerospace or precision engineering. Having hands on experience with complex components such as, Heads, Blocks, Crankshafts and Gears would be beneficial.
You will need extensive knowledge of GD&T and in-depth knowledge of CMM’s. Having previous exposure to Talyrond, Talysurf & Quindos would be advantageous.
Not only is this a fantastic Quality Inspector role, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here at Red Bull Powertrains. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to our championship winning grand prix cars.
Wed, 29 Nov 2023