At Prodrive we combine our motorsport ethos with free thinking to redefine the possible. For the last 15 years we have been the team behind the Le Mans winning Aston Martin Racing team in the FIA World Endurance Championship. We now support a variety of programmes including full works teams in international race and rally series. Our Technicians, Mechanics, Fabricators and Engineers all work together every step of the way with one goal; to win
We have an exciting opportunity in our Chassis Design group for a Design Engineer looking for their next role in Motorsport.
You will support both new programmes and the ongoing evolution of existing programmes. With exposure to all areas of the role, you will widen your experience and develop your analytical thinking skills. See your designs come to life and be part of a winning team.
- Concept design of vehicle sub-systems and components such as bodywork, suspension, steering, body structure, driveline components and transmission ancillaries, as set out by design specification and budget constraints
- Development of engineering calculations to support and inform design decisions
- Refinement of design to final CAD assemblies, component design and associated detailed drawings
- Releasing of parts and assembly structures onto specific Bill of Materials
- Ensuring Bill of Materials is accurate and up to date
- Understanding the commercial impact of design on stock and future Bill of Materials costs
- Liaison with other departments and suppliers to achieve project goals
Who we are looking for…
Our ideal candidate will have previous experience in the design of high-performance components, preferably within the motorsport industry. You will be proficient in 3D CAD solid modelling, ideally with surface design experience, and have a good understanding of complete vehicle architecture. You will also be comfortable with the use of engineering mathematics and logical thinking when evaluating different design solutions.
What we offer in return;
Full training, support and guidance provided, as well as a structured career development path. A modern working environment with free onsite parking, competitive salaries as well as a tailored range of benefits, which include: pension and car salary sacrifice schemes, life assurance, flexible working opportunities, free fitness assessments and advice from our ‘Fit 4 Life team’, a subsidised canteen, onsite exercise classes, 25 days holiday with an opportunity to purchase extra, and company discounts.