Job Title – CNC Miller (4 and 5 Axis) Job Type – Full Time
Sector - Manufacturing Location – Basildon
Salary - Competitive Hourly Rate Reporting Line – Machine Shop Lead
AER are designers, manufacturers and builders of award-winning race engine solutions that have led the way in the motor sports industry. Established since 1997, AER is based on the Essex/London border. The company promotes a positive, diverse workforce with an approachable and welcoming culture.
AER is a successful Engineering Manufacturing company offering a stable and well rewarded career in the machine shop servicing premier motorsport customers. The opportunity is a standard/advanced level position in a manufacturing environment. The successful candidate will be a CNC Miller - Programmer/setter/operator, to programme, set and operate 4 and 5 axis CNC Milling centres with Heidenhain control system.
Demonstrating initiative, attention to detail and good productivity with a commitment to ‘getting things done’ is very important.
- Responsible for understanding engineering drawings
- Programming from scratch using hypermill software and Heidenhain controls,
- Selecting tooling, setting and operating the CNC machinery.
- Involved in producing small batch work and one offs.
- Understanding task requirements and completing as assigned.
- Asking questions and assisting wherever possible.
- Raising concerns and making suggestions for improvement where appropriate.
- Establishing professional relationships with staff.
- Maintaining a high degree of professionalism and diligence.
- Promoting a safe working environment in accordance with health & safety standards, requirements, and procedures
- Experience in automotive or aerospace environments desirable
- Extensive experience of Programming CNC Mills using Heidenhain control system, 5 years’ experience desirable
- Experience with large castings
- Must be able to Set, and operate the machines.
- Hypermill experience will be an advantage.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of engineering drawings.
- An interest in motorsport
- Capability to set and run own machines
- A proactive team player, with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Enthusiastic with a genuine desire to understand and improve the business
- Recognising that tasks need completing correctly, accurately, and regularly.
- Demonstrating initiative and capability to problem solve
- Ability to operate under pressure, demonstrating resilience and a calm approach
- Confident in answering detailed information requests
- Well organised with a methodical approach to work
- High Level of diligence
- A valid driver’s licence may be required.
- Manual handling – ability to handle correctly and lift to a safe lifting weight
Qualities and Behaviours:
- A self-starter who demonstrates self-initiative, a positive attitude and is motivated to improve and problem solve whilst working hard as part of a team.
Hours of work & Benefits
40-hour, full-time week, working 8 hours a day Monday – Friday, flexible across the hours of 6.00am to 5.15pm with a 45-minute lunch break. The role is based on site at the AER unit in Burnt Mills Industrial Estate owing to the nature of the job responsibilities
AER offer a competitive salary, flexible working hours and a company stakeholder pension scheme.
Application Process & Closing Date:
If interested please click apply and send your details
- a copy of your CV
- a covering email explaining why you are a suitable candidate for the role
- current salary and salary expectations
- availability to start / notice period