Embark on a thrilling career journey with PWR Performance Products, a true success story that began with a father and son's vision. With relentless passion and dedication, we have become the leading manufacturer of cutting-edge automotive cooling products in Australia.
We are a renowned name in top-tier global motorsports, and we've grown into a powerhouse with over 500 talented staff across Australia, America, and the UK, now listed on the ASX stock exchange.
Join our vibrant team in our state-of-the-art facility, featuring advanced technologies including a controlled atmosphere brazing furnace, CNC machine shop, and an in-house wind tunnel.
Be part of our rapid growth, shaping the future of our traditional markets and venturing into thrilling industries such as electric, aerospace, and defence. Now is the perfect time to join us as we drive innovation and meet unprecedented demand.
Unleash your potential and be part of our exciting journey.
Why Join PWR?
- A career not just a job. We’re serious about supporting our people build fantastic careers and have a commitment to promoting from within. Multiple members of our executive team started in our entry level positions.
- Free uniforms that not only ensure a professional appearance but also eliminate the hassle and expense of maintaining a work wardrobe.
- All employees receive 50% off all PWR products. We also have great discounts across other automotive suppliers and financial wellbeing programs.
- Work with the latest and greatest technology.
- Experience PWR’s thriving and inclusive company culture, where our long-standing staff members reflect our commitment to creating a supportive and rewarding work environment.
- We value and recognize outstanding achievements through our recognition program, which includes monetary rewards for Employee of the Year, Apprentice of the Year, Employee of the Month, and Apprentice of the Quarter.
PWR is growing at a rapid pace and we’re expanding our team! We’re looking for highly experienced, CNC Lathe Machinist and Programmer to run our Mazak Quick Turn (QT250).
- Dual experience in both Machining and on Machine Programming with the flexibility of either would be highly considered.
- Experienced machinists with high level of CNC Lathe experience, ideally in a high-speed
- machining environment with direct experience in aluminium surface and feature machining of complex components for Aerospace or Motorsport industry.
- Verification of setup sheets and the proving out of new programs in a First Off situation.
Specific Duties of role
- Ensure the efficient running of machines and work load of operators to maximise the production output
- Dealing with technical issues, either directly or with the support of manufacturing engineers, quality personnel, maintenance staff or subject matter experts
- Supporting the allocation of work to individuals according to the schedule and monitoring their progress
- Assessing the training requirements of staff and encouraging progress through mentoring or specific training
- Help lead continuous improvement initiatives such as 5S or Lean manufacturing
- Awareness of any quality issues and working with QA to resolve these including supporting root cause analysis
- Close communication with the Production Manager, Head of QAand Planners on the status of work orders.
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures
- Operate allocated CNC machinery to produce finished components, meeting specific dimensions and tolerances.
- Check and verify accuracy of component using precision measuring equipment, record results reporting any non-conformances.
- Assist and support colleagues in other production specific tasks when help is needed
- Optimisation of existing processes to drive down waste on machines with the objective of reducing the quoted runtimes to resolve bottlenecks in manufacture to meet Continuous Improvement targets
- Communicate effectively with engineers, team members and PWR staff to produce high calibre components to client specifications.
- Complete all tasks demonstrating the PWR DNA of ‘Passion’, ‘Respect’ and ‘Teamwork’.
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade or equivalent
- Practiced experience in a CNC Machining role
- Must have superior machining and tradesman’s skills.
- Must have the ability to read blueprints, engineering drawing and technical specifications.
- Must have experience using precision measuring equipment.
- Must have good problem-solving skills, including math skills, especially algebra and trigonometry.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have good organisational and planning skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and active listening skills.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Must have the ability to write and read complex spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of safety measures pertinent to each job assignment.
How to Apply
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter outlining why you would like to be a part of the PWR
Team for consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion