At McLaren Racing, we’re not just here to try to take the chequered flag. We’re here to excite our fans, inspire our people and deliver for our partners. And we’re also committed to evolving our sport, our industry, and our technology, too.
Purpose of the Role:
To set and operate multi-axis CNC machine tools to machine a wide variety of race car components and tooling.
- The machining of a variety of race car components in a broad selection of materials – inclusive of a diverse selection of metals, carbon fibre, tooling block and plastics, to supplied CAD data and drawings
- Setting and operation of a variety of multi-axis CNC machining centres, including Hurco, Breton & CMS machines
- The requirement to set and operate multiple machines at any time to support output and best shop utilisation
- To work closely with the production engineering team to feedback on issues, share ideas for best practices and to ensure all machining is carried out in the most efficient way possible
- Maintenance of program and tooling records for all components produced with support from your team leader as required
- Self-inspection of all work, using CAD data, drawings and inspection equipment to contribute to RFT and part conformance
- The support of TPM, cleanliness and housekeeping as required
- To be aware of, and comply with, all health and safety legislation as it applies in the workplace