For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Working from our Milton Keynes campus, our mission is to develop championship winning Formula 1 race cars. We are looking for a highly motivated full stack software engineer to design, build, test and deploy cutting edge data analysis tools for our Engineering teams across the business.
We want to work with people who are excited by this mission and who have the talent to deliver performance to the race track. This is an opportunity for you to make a significant contribution to the technology that will define how our engineers analyse data within all engineering departments.
- You will be responsible for defining the look and feel of the user experience in presentation and visualisation of data from a range of engineering data sources.
- You will be responsible for producing high performance and well-designed data access tools and APIs.
- Design, code, test and maintain data analysis applications and their user experience end-to-end.
- Optimize code for performance, reliability and maintainability.
- Participate and collaborate in architecture, design and code review.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of software engineers and design engineers.
- Have a strong software engineering skillset, excellent interpersonal communication and experience in accepting and providing feedback on technical designs.
- Have a solid grasp of fundamental computer science concepts and are confident in solving complex problems.
- Are educated to degree level within Computer Science, Software Engineering or a similar field, as well as having commercial software development experience including C#.
- Are familiar with containerisation concepts and orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes.
We want to support you and develop your technical abilities, so together, we can stay at the leading edge of technology and competitive engineering
Not only is this a fantastic role, but it is also a fantastic team to work with here at Red Bull Racing. A good salary is just the start, there are many other benefits too such as our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free food, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to the function of our grand prix cars.
Job Posting End DateSun, 2 Apr 2023