DEXET Technologies Limited is a UK based engineering consultancy working within the automotive, motorsport and mobility industries. At DEXET we are extremely passionate about performance and innovation and strive to be recognised as one of the leading firms within the realms of composite engineering and design. Our portfolio of clients include Formula One teams, automotive OEMs, WEC teams and more. We are currently executing very ambitious growth plans into Europe and North America.
DEXET is looking for a passionate and innovative Composite Engineer to join our London office for a full-time position, reporting to partners and project managers. The successful candidate will work on a variety of projects focusing primarily on mechanical and composites design engineering. You must be comfortable challenging yourself and you will exhibit a strong understanding of composites design and their applications.
Principal Activities and responsibilities:
As a Composite Engineer at DEXET you will:
- Innovate and provide suitable engineering solutions and optimised designs for the ongoing and future projects.
- Work on conceptual and detail design of composite structures for race cars, high-end road cars, urban mobility as well as novel research, R&D, and materials testing with the goal of introducing lightweighting solutions to relevant industries.
- Develop cost effective engineering solutions, based on good understanding of strategic and commercial requirements set out internally or by our clients.
- Collaborate closely with external suppliers to ensure fully integrated designs and on-time delivery of parts/assemblies.
- Developing aerodynamic and styling surfaces, 3D models, assemblies and manufacturing drawings, including ply books.
- Support the team in the definition of performance and reliability test & development programs for relevant designs & projects.
- Design jig and tooling components for manufacture and testing of components.
- Develop novel composites manufacturing processes in close collaboration with our partners, clients, and suppliers.
- Lead composites-related R&D projects and new POC of innovative products.
- Specification, coordination and analysis of rig testing for prototype components.
- Manage a team of engineers when required.
Essential knowledge and skills:
Excellent communication and collaborative skills as well as organisational and people skills are strongly advised for this role. Additionally, the Composite Engineer should also have:
- 3-5 Years previous experience in a similar role
- Degree in mechanical or aeronautical engineering, ideally with Masters.
- Strong Composite design experience with good understanding of materials and manufacturing methodologies.
- Experience in Composite design in F1 or another top-level motorsport categories is an advantage.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX composite and surfacing design package is a requirement.
- Use of finite element analysis tools (ideally with Catia V5/3DX package) and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs is a significant benefit.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to meets deadlines.
What is offered by DEXET:
- Competitive salary
- Performance bonus
- Bike scheme for London based staff
- Pension scheme
- Opportunity to be working in an exciting environment and learn from a Team with a great range of experience and also be part of an up-and-coming ambitious company at early growth stages and contribute to its success.