KICKSTART YOUR NEW JOB!
As Business Developer at our Atlanta Office, you will have a key role in improving Safety for Tracks and Racers, making Racers better, and increasing Fan engagement. Our products are used on all levels in the motorsport market including prominent customers like Indycar, Nascar and MotoGP.
MYLAPS has developed a game-changing new Race Control technology that is setting the standard for future solutions for Timing, Safety and Engagement. Based on this technology we are building new product lines, including hardware and software solutions for Racers and Tracks.
You will play a critical role in delivering these products to the market. Being a Business Developer at MYLAPS means that you will make sure that all Tracks are aware of our developments, make sure Sales Managers are informed correctly, have the right tools to sell, guide the Sales Managers during the sales process, and feed the development team with necessary features. There will never be a dull moment, with international exposure and a dynamic environment with colleagues who either have a passion for (motor)sports, technology or both.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Leading and inspiring your colleagues to a successful result
- Translate market needs into key product launches
- Guide an Americas sales team with 3 sales managers to successful results at race series and tracks around the Americas by opening doors, providing insights, and closing these deals together
- Work in close cooperation with the Americas Country Manager and the Global Race Control Manager
- Ensuring up-to-date communication lines between all departments and stakeholders
- Manage existing relationships with partners in respective markets towards end customers
Do you have:
- A strong affinity and experience with motorsport
- A hands-on, self-starting mentality
- A strong personality who is not afraid to use his influencing skills also in times of resistance
- Multi-level communications skills
- Strength to perform under pressure
- The experience to be an added value when it comes to further maturing our products
- A passion for Motorsports
And are you:
- Willing and able to grasp the MYLAPS developments and products in a flash
- Able and willing to travel around the Americas (+/- 1 week per month)
- Able and willing to work in weekends (+/- 1x per month) and upon demand
- Software, hardware, and product savvy, quickly understanding concepts and how they deliver benefits to Customers
- Pragmatic and results driven
- Able to pro-actively monitor and adjust processes if needed
- Having a helicopter view
Does your package of knowledge and experience include:
- 5+ years of working experience in selling software and hardware solutions, preferably in motorsports
- An understanding of how Race Control is used at Tracks and within Racing Series
- Higher vocational education or academic thinking and working level
- The ability to work autonomously with a high level of responsibility
- A great command of English both written and verbally
- A knack for finding the best way to solve problems given the particular constraints
- Ability to empathize with stakeholders and users and help build value.
Then you are the Business Developer who we are looking for! We offer you the best you can imagine:
- A competitive salary, bonus, health insurance and 401K
- Vacation days on top of the official holidays: growing from 13 in your first year to 18 in your fifth year of employment
- An international environment where passion, quality and technical craft go hand in hand with the world of digital solutions for active and motorized sports
- Frequent travelling to tracks and venues
Please hit the apply button and upload your letter of motivation and your resume.
About MYLAPS Sports Technology:
MYLAPS International Headquarters is based in Haarlem, The Netherlands. With offices in The Netherlands, The United States, Australia, Malaysia, Japan and China we support racers, athletes, and events in creating their ultimate sports experience. Every year we capture the performance of over 20 million people all over the world. We develop accurate, reliable, and easy-to-use technology to turn data into insights, progress, and fun. Founded in 1982, we have revolutionized the world of sports timing with groundbreaking innovations and set the standard ever since. Our products and platforms are used at professional events like the Olympics and INDYCAR to countless local events around the corner. MYLAPS is a carbon neutral company where we have the responsibility to contribute to a better world.