For many fans of Formula One, the sport exists between lights and chequered flag on a Sunday afternoon. It begins and ends with the exploits of the drivers on the track. But this is merely the tip of the spear. The reality of modern F1 is that of a complex and intertwined operation, every part of which needs to perform near its limit if success is to be achieved. From the pit crew searching for the ultimate repeatable pit stop, to the inspiration of the designers, the application of engineers and the herculean efforts of an army of fabricators and machinists. Much of our success is thanks to the diversity of thought and spectrum of skill sets held within the team, our ability to recognise unique contributions from individual team members is just a part of why we love what we do.
Red Bull Powertrains have an exciting opportunity to be a key part of our expanding Power Unit (PU) engineering team. Our open, dynamic environment ensures that everyone can make a valuable contribution and we are looking for creative Advanced Instrumentation & Measurement Engineers to deliver World Championship winning Power Units year on year.
Working from our Milton Keynes factory you will be integrated within the Power Unit Mechanical Development Department of Red Bull Powertrains. Tasked to deliver the maximum performance potential to the podium, your group will work closely with all teams within Red Bull Powertrains. To be successful you must develop and implement instrumentation & measurement of PU & Rigs to approve the performance and reliability of PU components / sub-systems with absolute tenacity, from concept to podium.
Essential criteria for this Advanced Instrumentation & Measurement Engineer role:
- Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- A thorough understanding of advanced measurement techniques and instrumentation applied to mechanical development testing, analysis and its contribution to performance
- Practical experience of using and developing data analysis techniques and hardware / software tools
- Practical experience of undertaking development rig or dyno testing of mechanical components, sub-assemblies or power units
- Practical knowledge of mechanical, fluid and thermal analysis of components
Key attributes for this Advanced Instrumentation & Measurement Engineer role:
- Ability to lead instrumentation projects working collaboratively within the Mechanical Development Team and across the wider business, as well as working independently when required
- Proven ability to inspire and motivate the Engineers around you to success
- Can-do attitude, willingness to learn new skills, and share experience with others
- Evidenced experience of complex decision making and strategic thinking when faced with imperfect data and challenging timelines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to foster strong cross-departmental relationships
We are committed to supporting the development of all our team members and place as much value in aptitude and willingness to learn as in specific skills or experience. A career in Formula 1 offers a unique opportunity for both personal and professional development and if successful we will help you develop your existing skills in mechanical engineering and design through both formal training and on-the-job mentoring in a challenging and rewarding work environment.
At Red Bull Powertrains, we offer more than just a competitive salary. Other benefits include our bonus scheme, private health care cover, life assurance scheme, workplace nursery scheme, company contributed pension scheme, on site gym & fitness classes, free daily food allowance, and a cycle to work scheme; but above all, the job satisfaction doesn’t get any better than the feeling of making a real contribution to our championship winning grand prix cars.
Tue, 12 Mar 2024