Arrow McLaren is an IndyCar team formed with the joining of McLaren F1 and Schmidt Peterson Motorsports. At the heart of Arrow McLaren is a shared ambition: to race, and to win. For our people, our partners, our fans, and our sport. Prior to this partnership, Arrow has had 7 NTT IndyCar Series wins and 28 IndyCar podiums. By joining our team, you’ll be part of an evolutionary racing partnership that is currently under way.
We value: Innovative – Respectful – Inclusive – Energetic – Brave
Reporting to the Arrow McLaren Director of Performance in our Indianapolis location, this position encompasses responsibilities described below.
Do you have the need for speed? Do you thrive in a fast paced, energetic work environment that focuses on succeeding on the track? If so, Arrow McLaren does not compromise on the quality and innovation that go into our cars.
As a Senior Specialist, Tyre Engineer, you will join a passionate crew that will service and maintain our IndyCar for a high-performance, high-speed experience on the track. The right candidate will have a background preferably within motorsport and will be self-motivated and be able to work in a fast-paced environment. This position will work creatively in a team atmosphere while adhering to tight deadlines and remaining calm in high pressure situations.
This is a salaried full-time position, with medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Analysis of track data to assess the tyre performance accurately and quickly to strict deadlines during race and test events
- Developing the methods and processes used for the tyre performance analysis
- Working with and developing advanced race tyre models
- Utilizing rig and track data to enhance correlation for simulation and DIL purposes
- Work with simulation, vehicle performance and track engineers to maximize tyre exploitation and aid performance prediction
- Travel to support test or race events as required